Sesame Flax Crackers
2 cups Ground Flax seeds (golden or brown)
1/2 cup water + 1 tablespoon if needed
1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sesame seeds
Large baking sheet
Measuring spoons and cups
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ground flax, 1/2 cup water and salt in a medium sized bowl and mix well. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes wile the flax absorbs the water and gets a bit sticky. Add the 3 tablespoons of the sesame seeds and mix again. If the dough seems too dry to form a ball, add the extra tablespoon of water and mix well. Roll into a ball and cut in half.
- Form each half into a ball and roll carefully between two sheets of parchment to form an 11 X 14 inch rectangle… Or if you have smaller baking sheets roll as thin as you can. The thinner the dough is rolled, the crispier the crackers will be.
- Once you have rolled out the dough, sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sesame seeds onto and roll over once with the rolling pin just to make sure they will stick.
- Score the dough carefully with a knife into squares or rectangles as you like.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until starting to get crispy in the oven. They will get even crispier when cooling, but continue to check near the end of the end of the cooking time to make sure they don’t burn.
** would also be great with herbs and garlic